Fire Alarm Technician
|Title:||Fire Alarm Technician|
DescriptionSun Devil Fire and Security is a leader in the fire protection/equipment market in Arizona. We have been in business since 1986 and are locally owned and operated. We sell, install, and service fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, emergency and exit lights, restaurant fire suppression systems and backflow prevention devices. We have four locations throughout Arizona providing service to the entire state. Our main office is located in Phoenix.> We are currently looking for Fire Alarm Technicians in our Phoenix office. This position performs installation, service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites; service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers including Simplex; read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals; manage daily call activity and program system products, including networking and programming; assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner; facilitates NFPA 72 Test and Inspections of existing Fire Alarm customers.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of test equipment: oscilloscope, multimeter, digital analyzer, battery analyzer, frequency meter, decibel meter, and communication devices
* Nicet or CSA Certification-PREFERRED.
* Working knowledge of fire alarm systems, both conventional and addressable
* Ability to read and interpret blue prints, diagrams, submittals, specifications and schematics
* Minimum 3 or more years experience with installation, programming and service of the following systems: Notifier, Siemens, Fire-Lite, Honeywell, and EST products
* Ability to obtain industry licenses required by national, state, and local codes
* Ability to work overtime and be placed on after hours on-call rotation schedule
* Ability to work off ladders and lift up to 75 lbs.
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Successful completion of a background check and drug test are requirements of employment.
Sun Devil Fire & Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401(k) and paid holidays and paid time off within three months of employment.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications